Tuesday, May 26, 2009

When family interferes

This old sailor and my lovely Lady Deborah have been togther for something over 23 years. An incedent happened about 3 weeks ago that found her brother in the hospital and emergecy surgery.

He is fine and did very well. In the process members of thier family that havent bothered to see them in over 20 years came up to see him. They did in fact come to see Deborah and myself 2 times. The first went ok but the second was a train wreck.

After welcoming Deborahs's Mother,Younger sister & Brother into our home things rapidly got odd. Sue Bulman Decieded she had to sit where I sit right now. I diddnt know it at first but she was going to inspect the medications I keep on my computer desk.

I had to go to the Head (for all you lubbers.. no offence.. thats the bathroom). When I came back Sue was rapidly checking all my meds and then insisting I diddnt need any of them. We let it go for the moment.

When It was time for her family to leave Deborah went with them out to thier car. I was sitting where I am know and through the open window I could hear Sue Bulman trying to convince her sister to just get in the car... because in her statement "I am just a bum". They wanted her to just leave everything she owned and a relationship of over 23 years losely based on the fact that I have been for about 2 years unable to work. Before they got her into the car I went out and got her.

Later on that Evening Debby and I discussed the way he sister Sue Bulman abused our hospitality and my privacy. Both of us decided that we diddnt want her sister to come to our home anymore simply because she had no business going through my medications. And we emailed her to that effect and stated quite clearly that she is unwelcome and is at risk of charges of invasion of privacy and trespass and that the rest of her family is more then welcome.

It was late and Deborah works night so we went to bed after Deborah turned off her cell phone. We slept until about 2pm (typical for us as she goes to bed after 4am).

When we got up there was a message from her sister Blasting me for turning off her sister cellphone and in language most sailor's wont use I was accused of trying to stop Deborah from talking with her family. Nothing could be more wrong as I have never done so. Sue also went on about how she was gonna get her daddy and her 3 uncles to come over and have a TALK with me.

Deborah did in fact talk to her family several times and it pretty much ended in Deborah crying and they just wouldnt listen to her. Her younger sister controled all the flow of information on her cell and has convinced Deborah's family that she is a prisoner here and not in a long and loving relationship.

Now Deborah and her family have pretty much disowned each other... considering her family hasnt even called her once in the preceding 23 years I dont see much of a loss... But I diddnt want this to happen and tryed to avoid it.

I have an Mp3 of this if you want to hear it.. the call that is.

Later Shipmates

No comments:

Post a Comment